COVID-19 UPDATE (16/6/20)
We are delighted to let you know that our Quedgeley Surgery is open again and we are now welcoming clients back inside our Painswick road surgery. In order to ensure our staff and clients’ safety, we have had to make quite a few changes !
- At present we will only allow 2 clients to wait in our waiting room at one time.
- We have a new, additional reception desk in the conservatory to the left of the front door – we would appreciate clients reporting to the nurse at this desk when they arrive and they will then be advised where to wait.
- We would still hugely appreciate clients ordering repeat medications, food and flea and worm treatment in advance so we can book a time for these to be collected. This will help us to prevent a situation where we have numerus clients needing to enter the building at the same time and parking will be easier!
- Clients who do not feel comfortable entering the building will be asked to ring us from their phone or ring the doorbell when they arrive and we will come out to the car park to carry out a consultation there or deliver medications directly to your car.
- Our consult rooms are of various sizes so the vet seeing you for an appointment might either invite you to come into the consult room and ask you to remain at least 2m from the vet at all times or they might chat to you in the waiting room before taking your pet into the (smaller) consulting room without you.
- We would prefer card payments if possible and we have screens fitted at our main reception to allow safe payments.
- For those still sheilding or self-isolating, we can conduct consultations via video call- please ring the surgery for more details.
Please keep safe during these uncertain times,
The team at SPA Vets